Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Super Simple Sushi!!

This is my new favorite quick meal! I prepared a cup of sushi rice in the evening and then used it for lunch the next few days. Once the rice is ready, the meal required hardly any prep and is ready in minutes!

1. Lay the sushi nori on a sushi mat
Nori can be found at health food stores and is extremely nutritious. It contains protein, iron and is a natural source of iodine.


2. Spread an even layer of rice on the nori


3. Lay your favorite fillings in the center of rice in the same direction as the bamboo
I used avocado and sweet potato (I baked the sweet potato slices at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes)
Other filling suggestions: carrots, tofu, asparagus, cucumber


4. Roll!
Place your thumbs on the back of the mat and roll away from you


5. Slice, serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment